This recipe has been viewed 4055 times
Jamaican cake is an innovative cake recipe with cinnamon powder and milk added to the cake mix. A must on your baking list, this Jamaican cake is a great recipe for birthdays and anniversaries, when dipped with chocolate sauce and topped with melon scoops and mint leaves.
Add your private note
Jamaican Cake recipe - How to make Jamaican Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with the castor sugar till light and fluffy.
- Tip in the flour and the milk, together with the cinnamon, salt and baking powder and mix till you get a cake batter consistency.
- Pour into a decorative cake mould and bake at 250o c for 15 minutes. remove, demould and cool on a wire rack till just warm.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the cake and decorate the top with scoops of melon and mint sprigs.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.