Jam Doughnut Muffins
by Palak Rajput
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8999 times
Jam doughnut muffins are a muffins given a feel of doughnut and it is stuffed with jam.
- In dry bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients (the first five ingredients) and mix well with a fork. Keep aside.
- In the other bowl, add all the wet ingredients except the strawberry jam (the next four ingredients) and whisk together lightly. Keep aside.
- Now pour the mixed liquid into the dry ingredients gradually and fold everything with a light hand till just mixed. Mix only till just combined.
- Spoon a heaped teaspoonful of batter into greased muffin pans/ or pans lined with cupcake liners.
- Using the wrong end of a spoon, make a small depression in the centre of the batter.
- Do not make these depressions too deep or the jam may leak out.
- Fill each depression with about 1/3 tsp of strawberry jam. Cover this with remaining muffin batter.
- Bake at 180°C (360°F) for 25 minutes till light brown on top or insert the knife into the side of the muffin if it comes out clean the muffin is done.
- Cool on a rack.
- For a very "doughnut" feel, brush the tops of the warm muffins with melted butter and then roll them in a mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Garnish with little jam at the top.
- Remember these are muffins, so over mixing of the mixture will result into a tough tasteless muffins. A lumpy batter, showing slight streaks of flour is fine.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 26 Nov 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.