This recipe has been viewed 3771 times
Jalebi is a melt-in-the-mouth sweet dish or mithai item that can satisfy the taste buds of your loved ones, on festivals and special ocassions.An easy recipe of preparing crispy sweet jalebis which are best paired with rabri(thickened sweetened milk).
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder. Add 1/2 cup of water to the yogurt and beat well. Add it to the flour. Mix it, add a little water if required to make a smooth batter until it is of pouring consistency. Leave it overnight to ferment.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water and boil for 15 minutes. Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add a little milk until the saffron dissolves. Add to the syrup. Add the rose water.
- The syrup should be of 1 thread consistency. Keep the syrup warm.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Select a plastic bottle with a small hole in the lid and fill with the batter. ( a ketchup dispenser works great )
- Press the batter out from the bottle into the hot oil in the form of a jalebi (like a coiled serpent)
- Fry on both sides until light golden brown. Take out and place on a paper napkin. Wait for 1 minute.
- Drop the fried jalebis into the hot syrup. Leave for 2 minutes and then remove.
- Enjoy them warm. Store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 31 Mar 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.