Jalebi - The Queen Of Indian Sweets
by Nupurs UK Rasoi
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8199 times
Jalebi is basically a north indian sweet, spiral in shape filled with juicy syrup. Its enjoyed most when hot and fresh, straight out of oil and sugar syrup.
- Mix yeast in warm water and let it rest for 4-5 minutes till it gets frothy.
- Add the plain flour and cornflour and mix well.
- Add ghee and curds and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Keep the mixture in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour, mix again and add more water if required to make it of pouring consistency.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat water and sugar together and get it to the boiling.
- Cook for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add rest of the ingredients and simmer for next 10-15 minutes. The syrup should be of two strings.
- For frying the jalebis, heat ghee and oil in a deep pan.
- Pour batter into piping bag and squeeze the bag to pour the batter into oil with spiral motion.
- You can make 3-4 thin strips of spirals at one time.
- Deep fry till golden on medium flame and cook from both sides.
- Take out of oil and put into the sugar syrup immediately. Allow the spirals to remain in the syrup for a minute and take them out.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Nupurs UK Rasoi on 21 Aug 2013I am a passionate Food Blogger, amateur Photographer and avid reader. I combine all my life experien...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.