Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7429 times
There are many varieties of chat and every region has its own specialty. Here is Jaipuri Chat which is very tasty and delicious too. Specialty of this chat is that pakodis made from different types of dals and combined with tomato sev, cucumber, curd, tomato, onions, masala chana dal, meetha and teekha chutney. So try this tasty chat
- Wash and soak all the dals for at least 2 hours.
- Grind the dals with green chillies to a coarse paste using very little water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the salt and coriander and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and drop a spoonful of prepared dal mixture and deep fry till it turns to little brown in colour from all the sides.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Cut the pakodis in tiny pieces. Keep aside.
- Combine 10-12 pieces of pakodis, 1/2 tsp masala chana dal, 1/2 tsp crushed puri, 1/2 tsp moong, 1/2 cup meetha chutney and 1/4 cup teekha chutney, mix well
- Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Transfer it on a serving plate, spread little onions, tomatoes, cucumber and curds on it.
- Sprinkle cumin seed powder, chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Spread tomato sev around the edges of bowl.
- Repeat the same process to make more plates with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately and garnished with coriander and masala chana dal.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 21 Jun 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.