Jain Strawberry Phirni
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2562 times
A delicious jain dessert!
- Boil milk in a deep non stick pan.
- Chop the strawberries and place in another non stick pan.
- Add 2-3 tbsp sugar and cook on low heat.
- Mix the ground rice with 2-3 tbsp milk till smooth.
- Add this to the boiling milk and stir.
- Let it cook on low heat, stirring a few times in between. Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Chop almonds and few pistachios.
- Add and mix well. Cook till the phirni thickens.
- Add remaining sugar and stir till it dissolves.
- Switch off heat and add strawberry mixture, mix well.
- Pour mixture into individual kasores and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Chop remaining pistachios and garnish.
- Chill in a refrigerator and serve.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 01 Apr 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.