Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15090 times
A nutrient loaded jain moong with moong sprouts tossed with tomatoes, kurmura, roasted peanuts and spice powders.
- Heat a kadhai and lightly roast the moong and soak in enough water for 6 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee or oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and turmeric powder and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander seeds powder and tomatoes and saute till they turn soft.
- Add the dal, 2 cups water and salt and mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid, add 1 tsp ghee and coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 22 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.