Jain Missal Maharashtrian Style
by Foodie #535451
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26876 times
A delicious soup made with matki and sevred with farsan and pau/bread
- Wash and soak matki fro 6 hrs.
- Drain Water from matki and pressure cook till 2 whistle without water.
- Grind coconut,green chillies and coriander to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a thick vessel add coconut paste to it fry for 2 min till oil oozes out of it .
- Add the matki and fry for 2 min and add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala,tomato puree saute for 2 min.
- Add 3 big cups of water to it let it come to boil.
- Close with lid and on on low flame let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot soup with sev and Butter.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #535451 on 21 Mar 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.