This recipe has been viewed 3629 times
A healthy and nutritious veggie main course.
- Wash and soak the rice for ½ an hour.
- Take a frying pan and add some oil into it. Saute the vegetables, add sufficient water and boil till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add salt and garam masala, mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom pods and fry them.
- Then add the prepared ground masala into it. Saute until the raw smell vanishes.
- Then add the soaked brown basmati rice and fry for few minutes. Add coconut milk into it. Add ¼ spoon of garam masala and mix it well.
- Place the lid and pressure cook it until 1 or 2 whistles. Let the rice cook until the steam releases by itself. Remove the lid and let it cool.
- Pour the cooked vegetables over the coooked rice and mix well.
- Fry cashew nuts with a spoon of ghee and mix it with the pulao. Pour the pulao in a serving bowl and garnish with fried cashews and mint leaves.
- Dice the tomatoes and cucumber into small pieces , add curd into it. Add jeera powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt into it and mix well. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
This recipe was contributed by Siri1974 on 27 Feb 2019
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.