Jain Banana Vadas
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21524 times
The banana vadas can also be eaten with pav.
- Peel, boil and mash the raw bananas and keep aside.
- Heat one tbsp oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and ginger and saute on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies and turmeric powder and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the bananas and salt and mix well and remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small round balls. Keep aside.
- In a deep bowl, add the besan and water and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add a tbsp of the hot oil to the batter and mix well.
- Dip the banana balls in the batter and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by ssn5054 on 22 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.