by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9610 times
Jaggery Tea is a soul-warming drink that is ideal to have during the monsoon. It is made by boiling palm jaggery with hand-ground spices like pepper and coriander seeds.
Traces of cumin and a strong flavour of dried ginger add to the refreshing flavour of this drink, making it the perfect cuppa to sip on, when you are tired or down with cold .
- Combine the black peppercorns, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and ginger powder in a mortal-pestle and ground to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a saucepan and allow it to boil on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the palm jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till it is completely dissolved, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared coarse mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame and strain it using a strainer in a deep bowl.
- Serve hot.
Jaggery Tea Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.