Italian Herb Soup ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23366 times
Italian herb soup, a refreshing soup to soothe your tired body. You can make this recipe and while it cooks in the humble pressure cooker, take time off to relax. Quickly release the pressure (open the lid) to avoid over cooking.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker; add the spring onion whites, garlic and carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the coriander/ parsley, celery, bayleaf, tomato purée, sugar, salt, pepper and 5 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using quick release method (refer handy tip) before opening the lid.
- Add the spinach and oregano mix well and cook on a high flame for another minute, while stirring once in between.
- Just before serving, add the lemon juice and mix well. Garnish with cheese and serve hot with bread slices.
- Quick release method: also called the cold-water release method, it is used to release pressure quickly. To use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the burner, place in the sink and run cold water gently over the lid until the steam dissipates.
- When putting the pressure cooker in the sink, tilt the handle up so the water flows away from you. Quick release works best for foods where you need to control the timing and degree of cooking.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||839.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||20.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.