Italian Grain-free Dark Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti
by Diya Jain
This recipe has been viewed 334 times
These Paleo friendly gluten free treats are a great addition to a high protein breakfast and also perfectly suited for dunking in coffee for an afternoon snack that won’t leave you dragging.
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda.
- Pulse until ingredients are well combined.
- Pulse in agave nectar and lemon zest until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove dough from food processor and work in chopped almonds with your hands.
- Form dough into 2 logs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Cut the logs into ½ inch slices on the diagonal with a very sharp knife.
- Spread slices out on a baking sheet and bake at 150°C for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, set, and become crispy.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second increments.
- Dip one end of each biscotti into the chocolate, let any excess chocolate drip off. Place the biscotti back on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds on top of the chocolate. Let the chocolate set.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.
This recipe was contributed by Diya Jain on 15 Nov 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.