Italian Coffee Mousse On A Bourbon Crust
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 188 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20290 times
This creamy coffee flavoured dessert is completely irresistible when served on a bourbon crust.
- Crush the bourbon biscuits in a mixer.
- Mix the melted butter in the crushed biscuits.
- Spread evenly on the base of a 150 mm. (6") diameter tin and keep aside.
- Mix the coffee powder with ¼ cup milk and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining milk and add the china grass and coffee mixture.
- Cook over a slow flame till the china grass dissolves.
- Strain the mixture and refrigerate till it is semi set.
- Fold in the whipped cream and keep aside.
- Pour the mousse on the bourbon crust and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into wedges serve garnished with instant coffee powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.