Irumban Puli – Puliogare
by Ende Kushini
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5912 times
Irumban puli (averrhoa bilimbi) is a fruit which has a sour taste. In india, this tree is found in kerala, karnataka, maharashtra and goa. This fruit is commonly eaten raw with salt and spice. It is also used to make pickles and in fish curries.
Add your private note
Irumban Puli – Puliogare recipe - How to make Irumban Puli – Puliogare
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- Cook the rice and keep it aside to cool.
- Dry roast urad dal, channa dal, pepper, red chillies and coconut. Powder and keep aside.
- Wash the irumban puli and steam it till it is half cooked. I micro-waved the puli for about 4 minutes.
- Let it cool and then make a fine paste of the puli.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Roast the ground nuts until they turn dark brown. Keep it aside.
- To the remaining oil add mustard. When it sputters add curry leaves and onion. Saute the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add the puli paste. Add salt and turmeric powder as well as the jaggery. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the grounded coconut-dal mixture and coriander powder. Simmer for 5 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Remove it from stove and mix with the rice. Add 1 spoon of ghee and garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve this puliogare hot with chips or papad.
This recipe was contributed by Ende Kushini on 05 Nov 2012I love cooking and I love varieties. I love to experiment with cooking. I read recipe books, look u...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.