Instant Wheat Flour Chakali
by Amarendra Mulye
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47517 times
Although the traditional chakalis are made from chakali bhajani, the given method is also a traditional way of making instant chakalis where the flour is cooked in pressure cooker before making chakalis
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and tie it in a cotton cloth to make a potli.
- Place a small stand in a pressure cooker, add enough water and place the dry mixture potli on a sieve or in a small vessel and pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- After steaming the mixture, add some water and knead to make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2-3 equal portions and roll each portion into a cylindrical shape.
- Put the dough it into chakali maker and press out round whirls of the dough onto a newspaper or aluminium foil working closely from the centre to the outside of the whirl, you will get 12 to 15 chaklis.
- Gently lift each chakli using a flat spoon and deep fry in hot oil over a medium flame till it is golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 24 Nov 2013I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.