Instant Oats and Whole Wheat Uttapam
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2794 times
Uttapam ready in a jiffy without having to soak, grind or ferment the batter! Yes, this is an instant variety that uses a perfect mix of oats flour and whole wheat flour fortified with a good dose of veggies too.
It has a scrumptious mouth-feel and absolutely awesome flavour that is sure to kick-start your day in a cheerful way. You can have this quick and easy Instant Oats and Whole Wheat Uttapam for breakfast , as an evening snack or for dinner .
You can also try other Uttapam recipes like Oats Bhel or Fudge Fingers .
- Combine the oats flour, whole wheat flour, besan, semolina and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk.
- Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, baking soda, 5 tbsp of water and salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle), spread in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5") thick uttapa and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the prepared topping evenly over it and press it lightly using a flat ladle.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil on it and over the edges and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 4 more uttapams.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per uttapam
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.