Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5773 times
A simple dal recipe for busy people, instant moong can be prepared within minutes without compromising on the taste. The garlic and chilli paste is fried and then added to boiled moong dal. Enjoy the spicy instant moong dal with steamed rice.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong in enough water for about 2 hours. Keep aside.
- Combine the ginger, garlic, green chillies and cumin seeds and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker adn add the prepared paste and saute till the paste turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the moong and double the water and mix well.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 8 to 10 whistles.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kukreja on 22 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.