Instant Mango Pickle By chandapappa
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3219 times
Instant mango pickle presents a delectable mango pickle recipe that is ready within minutes. Slice the raw mangoes into thin long strips or alternatively, grate the mangoes and pour over with spice powder, oil and salt.
Add your private note
Instant Mango Pickle By chandapappa recipe - How to make Instant Mango Pickle By chandapappa
Preparation Time: NA Cooking Time: NA Total Time:
Raw Mangoes 10
Turmeric Powder 2 tbsps
Sugar 1 tbsp salt to taste
Mustard Powder 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder 2 tbsp
Garlic (crushed) 2 tbsps
Pickle Masala 5 tbsps
Vinegar 1/4 cup
Oil 1/2 cup
For Pickle Masala
Red Chillies (crushed) 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
Coriander Seeds (roasted) 1 tsp
Carom Seeds (ajwain) 1 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds (methi Seeds) 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
Mangrel 1/2 tsp
- Halve the mangoes, remove the stone and cut into medium sized pieces or quarter them.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar and keep aside for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the pieces and keep the water separately.
- To the water add mustard powder, red chilli powder, crushed garlic and pickle masala. mix well. add vinegar and mix again.
- Add a little oil and keep stirring continuously. (you can do this in the mixie too.)
- Pour this masala over the mango pieces and the pickle is ready.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 02 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.