Instant Jalebis, Quick Jalebis
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 146 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35096 times
You will be surprised that these intricate jalebis are so easy to prepare.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder.
- Add 1/2 teacup of water to the curds and beat well.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 teacup of water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add a little milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. Add to the syrup.
- Add the rose water.
- The syrup should be of 1 thread consistency. Keep the syrup warm.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick frying pan.
- Select a plastic bottle with a small hole in the lid and fill with the batter.
- Press the batter out from of a jalebi (like a coiled serpent).
- Fry on both sides. Take out and wait for 1 minute.
- Drop the fried jalebis into the hot syrup. Leave for 2 minutes and then remove.
- Sprinkle with cardamom powder, pistachios and rose petals. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.