Instant Jalebis, Quick Jalebi Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 102393 times
Instant Jalebis, you would never have thought that jalebis can be made so easily!
Born in the north only to become famous all over India, the intricate jalebis have a somewhat chewy texture with a crystallized, semi-fermented, sugary exterior coating, which contributes to the unique flavour of this dish.
Relish hot or cold as it is or with Instant Rabdi .
- For the sugar syrup
- 1. Combine the sugar with 1/3rd cup of water together in a deep pan and cook on a medium flame till the sugar dissolves and is of 1 thread consistency, while stirring continuously. Keep the syrup warm.
- 2. Combine the saffron with warm milk and rub it lightly till the saffron dissolves.
- 3. Add the rose water to it and mix well. Add this saffron mixture to the sugar syrup and mix well. Keep aside.
- Sieve the flour with baking powder and keep aside.
- Combine the curds with 1/3 cup of water in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add the flour and make a thick batter, making sure that no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad saucepan (the pan should be approximately 25 mm. (1") deep).
- Fill the jalebi batter into a piping bag with a single hole nozzle. Alternatively, use a plastic bottle with a small hole in the lid to fill the batter.
- Press out round whirls of the batter into the hot ghee working closely from outside to the centre of the whirl [approximately 50 mm. (2") diameter].
- Deep-fry the jalebis till golden brown from both the sides and transfer immediately into the warm sugar syrup.
- Drain after 2 to 3 minutes and serve hot sprinkled with cardamom powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.