This recipe has been viewed 2611 times
Prepare the sweet delicacy, melt in the mouth jalebis instantly with this easy and quick Ins. Jalebi recipe. The besan and Maida is blended and then fermented with yeast before frying the appealing orange colored jalebis in hot oil. Soak the crispy jalebis in sugar syrup and relish it with rabdi.Yummy!
Add your private note
Ins. Jalebi recipe - How to make Ins. Jalebi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- 1. sieve the flour with the baking powder.
- 2. add 1/2 teacup of water to the curds and beat well.
- 3. dissolve the sugar in 1 teacup of water and boil for 5 minutes.
- 4. warm the saffron in a small vessel, add a little milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. add to the syrup.
- 5. add the rose water.
- 6. the syrup should be of 1 thread consistency. keep the syrup warm.
- How to proceed
- 1. heat the ghee in a non-stick frying pan.
- 2. select a plastic bottle with a small hole in the lid and fill with the batter.
- 3. press the batter out from of a jalebi (like a coiled serpent).
- 4. fry on both sides. take out and wait for 1 minute.
- 5. drop the fried jalebis into the hot syrup. leave for 2 minutes and then remove.
- 6. sprinkle with cardamom powder, pistachios and rose petals. serve hot.
- Recipe source
- The delights of vegetarian cooking by tarla dalal
This recipe was contributed by bhavna6 on 22 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.