by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 268 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28868 times
This sizzler is laden with a bounty of flavours and spices. A delicately flavoured rice noodle preparation is topped with a smoky, curry flavoured satay, grilled and served with a spicy-sweet peanut sauce and crispy potatoes.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onions and garlic till they are translucent.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter and ½ cup water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer and add the lemon rind, lemon grass, chilli powder, brown sugar, lemon juice and salt and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. keep aside. Remove and discard the lemon grass.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and allow them to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Thread them onto 4 skewer sticks and grill them for 5 to 7 minutes over a
- Heat the oil and sauté the onions, ginger paste and green chillies.
- When the onions turn pink, add the carrots and french beans and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles, soya sauce and salt and mix well over a high flame.
- Top with the chopped coriander and keep aside.
- Deep fry the potatoes in hot oil till they are crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soya sauce, cornflour, sugar and salt with 1 tablespoon of water and keep aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and sauté the ginger-garlic paste and green chilli. Add the potatoes and soya sauce mixture and mix well over a high flame. Adjust the seasoning if required.
- Top with the coriander and spring onions and keep aside.
- Heat 2 sizzler plates over an open flame till they are red hot and place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Arrange half the noodles on one plate and top with two warm satay skewers.
- Place half the potatoes on the rest of the plate.
- Reheat the peanut sauce, adding some water to adjust the consistency and pour over the satay skewers and noodles.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients on the other sizzler plate to make another sizzler.
- Pour the oil-water mixture over the cast iron plates for a sizzling effect.
- Top with the fried sago wafers and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.