Indo-thai Shrimp Curry
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8685 times
An awesome indo-Thai Shrimp Curry that's bursting with flavor yet is so simple to prepare. The Indian and Thai cuisine flavours blend so well with each other that the fish curry is a must try recipe to be relished with steamed rice.
Add your private note
Indo-thai Shrimp Curry recipe - How to make Indo-thai Shrimp Curry
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 30 minutes
- Coat the shrimp with half the turmeric and some salt and soak in lukewarm water for half and hour or so.
- While it''s soaking make a paste of the ginger, garlic and halfthe onion.
- Chop the rest of the onion finely.
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan and saute the shrimp till they turn an even pink. you don''t want to cook them completely, as then they''ll get hard and rubbery later when they cook in the sauce.
- Keep the shrimp aside, add some more oil and when hot fry the chopped onion.
- When it browns add the paste and saute for a while.
- Add all the powdered spices and salt and fry on medium heat, being careful not to burn them.
- Add the tomato and saute till it decomposes and oil begins to separate.
- Add the coconut milk .
- Cook over medium heat, stirring and adjusting for sweetness with the sugar - will depend on the sweetness of the tomato and the coconut milk.
- After about 8 minutes add the shrimp, and simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, basil and coriander leaves, turn the heat up to a boil for a few more minutes and take off heat.
- Serve with steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by shilpavir1 on 14 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.