Indo- Italian Rice
by Sudha Suresh
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3517 times
I had some mushrooms and some coconut milk sitting in the fridge. Had to cook something up for dinner. Just kept doing what came to my mind and ended up with this recipe.
Add your private note
Indo- Italian Rice recipe - How to make Indo- Italian Rice
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 to 3 servings
- Clean and wash the rice.
- Combine with the coconut milk and 1 cup of water in a deep pan and cook till the rice is soft.
- Remove form the flame, spread on a dry plate and allow to cool slightly. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a kadhai, add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms, salt and pepper, mix well and saute for 2 minutes or until cooked but still crisp.
- Reduce the flame and add the rice and 1 tsp oil and mix well.
- Sprinkle the mixed herbs and toss well.
- Sprinkle the cheese and mix gently.
- Serve hot with raitha, boondi or onion.
This recipe was contributed by Sudha Suresh on 22 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.