Indian Vegetable Saute with White Rice
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11317 times
Indian Vegetable Saute With White Rice is a delightful dish with the assorted vegetables stir fried and then added to cooked rice along with spices and herbs.
- In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the bay leaf, cinnamon, shallot, garlic, and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chili paste or sambal and turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar, coconut milk, and lime juice and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another saute pan large enough to hold all the vegetables and the sauce, over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the potato and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and eggplant and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli, cauliflower, and reserved sauce and simmer for 3 minutes. finally serve on a bed of white rice, accompanied by a cucumber salad
This recipe was contributed by bhati on 19 Jul 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.