Indian Pizza ( No Need Of Oven)
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 335117 times
Indian pizza (no need of oven) is a simple snack option, specially for children and can be prepared in a jiffy. This recipe has been tried, standardized and made accurate by Tarla Dalal’s team.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the capsicum, onions and baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the mixed herbs, chilli flakes and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the dry yeast, baking soda and 1½ tbsp of warm water in a bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-baking powder mixture and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with little butter, place the rolled roti on it, cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes using little butter, turnover and cook again on a slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 3 more pizza bases. Keep aside.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface, spread 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup evenly over it.
- Put a portion of the topping and spread it evenly.
- Finally sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Place the pizza on a hot greased tava (griddle) , cover it with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the pizza is crisp and the cheese melts completely.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more pizzas.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by karthika_kesavan2000 on 15 Jun 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.