Indian Margarita ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31763 times
Not very nutrient rich, but better than aerated sugar laden drinks. For a change I added kalakhatta syrup as this drink tastes nice this way. Coriander, chillies, and other ingredients give it an Indian feel and perk up the taste.
Add soda just before serving. If you want more sweet add sugar subsitute. When you are bored to drinking chaas make this for lunch and enjoy the difference.
- Combine the cumin seeds powder and coriander in a mortar and crush using the pestle.
- In a bowl combine the cumin seeds and coriander mixture, kalakhatta syrup chaat masala, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture equally into 4 individual glasses.
- Pour a glass of soda over it in each glass.
- Add a dash of green chillies and ice to each glass and serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.