Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10178 times
India is known for it's variety of sweetmeats that are eaten as snacks or desserts. they are mainly made of milk and different varieties of flours. they are a very important part of an Indian cuisine because they have a significant role not only in the menu but even on religious occasions and festivals.
so try out this indianised version of cookie!!!
- Clean and dry the rice in the sun,then powder it finely.
- Next day mix the plain flour,powdered rice,sugar and cardamom powder with melted ghee,and knead to a soft dough.
- Keep the dough covered for about 4 hours,knead again and prepare the biscuits in any desired shape.
- Keep the biscuits in a greased tray and bake in a moderate oven(160 degree c) for 15-20 minutes or until light brown in colour.
- Once cool,store in air-tight containers.
This recipe was contributed by meenal72 on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.