Imperial Salad in Crispy Noodle Basket
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23499 times
Exotic vegetables served in a crispy noodle basket, everything about this recipe is truly imperial.
- Spread the noodles on a kitchen towel and dab them lightly to absorb all the moisture.
- Sprinkle cornflour and salt on the noodles and toss lightly.
- Divide them into 4 equal portions and place one portion of the noodles in a strainer in a single layer to make a basket.
- Heat the oil, hold the noodles in the strainer on top and pour the hot oil in the strainer, using a ladle, to fry the basket.
- Keep pouring the oil on all sides until the noodles are golden brown.
- Remove carefully from the strainer and place on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Repeat with remaining noodles to make 3 more baskets. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok on a high flame, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add all the vegetables, except the lettuce, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Lower the flame, add the salt, soya sauce, cornflour mixture and ¼ cup of water and simmer till the vegetables are cooked and all the water dries up.
- Put ¼th of the shredded lettuce in each noodle basket and top with ¼th of the salad.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.