Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24020 times
This is a great recipe for leftover idlis as they don't remain that soft and fresh once they get cold.and good for kids too as an afterschool snack. a healthy and tasty snack ready in 10 mins.
Add your private note
Idli fry recipe - How to make Idli fry
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Leftover Idlis--- 8 to 10
Diced onion--- 1 medium
Diced tomato --- 1 small
Curry leaves --- 8/10
Red dry chillies---2
oil---3 tsps mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
asafoetida(hing) turmeric powder (haldi) salt to taste
fresh coriander chopped for garnishing
- Break the idlis with hands into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai add mustard seeds let them crackle. then add hing, cashews fry for 20/30 secs then curry leaves,red chillies and turmeric powder.
- Now add chopped onion and fry on low heat for 2mins.
- Then add chopped tomato and fry for another min.
- Now add the broken idli pieces, add salt as per taste and 1/2 sp sugar if u like it that way.
- Let it cook on low flame for 5/7 mins with the lid on. stir it once so it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with fresh corainder, serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by ksalurkar on 08 Jan 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.