Idli Upma By apoorva23
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6316 times
An easy Upma recipe with leftover idlis, the Idli Upma is an innovative recipe and can be enjoyed as breakfast or snack. The crumbled steamed idlis are tempered delectably and served hot with chopped coriander leaves and lime juice as garnish.
- In a kadai,add oil.
- When it is heated add mustard seeds to this.
- When the seeds begin to splutter add urad dal and asofoedia.
- Fry for a while till it turns golden brown colour.
- To this add curry leaves,chopped onion and green chillies.
- Fry for a while till it turns into a golden brown and you begin to get a lovely aroma.
- Once done add the crumpled idli,salt and toss well.
- Serve onto a glass plate.
- Garnish with coriander and grated coconut.
- Serve hot for a low calorie and absolutely healthy snack.
This recipe was contributed by apoorva23 on 27 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.