Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8562 times
An innovative pakoda or snack recipe, the Idli pakoda has the steamed leftover idlis mixed with boiled potatoes, grated carrots and spice powders and then deep fried. Relish this delicious combination of vegetables with idlis in a crunchy snack recipe with green chutney.
Add your private note
Idli Pakora recipe - How to make Idli Pakora
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Slit the idlis from the centre.
- Mix potapoes, 1/2 cup mixed vegetables, ginger, chillies, salt,red chilli powder and lemon juice.
- Take the bottom part of idli and put this vegetable mixture on it.
- Cover with the top part of idli.
- Mix gramflour, salt, red chilli powder.
- Add water and make medium consistency paste.
- Dip the idlis in this paste and deep fry.
- Cut it in half and serve with ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by agra on 09 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.