Idli Manchurian with A Twist
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10155 times
Classic south indian idli twisted to make he famous, spicy chinese manchurian dish.
- Cut the idlis into small cubes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the idlis and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and saute till they turn soft.
- Add the red chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried idli and toss well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by akila_chef on 22 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.