Idli Curd Vada
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5474 times
A quick and tasty dish made from leftover idlis mixed with curds, coconut and chillies and other spices. Tastes like vadas but without the deep-frying.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai, add the idlis and saute for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a deep pan, pour the milk and water mixture and make it warm.
- Transfer the idlis to the milk mixture and keep aside to cool.
- Combine the ground paste along with the curds and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Remove the idlis and top them with curds mixture.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, pour this to the idlis.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled garnished with boondi and coriander.
This recipe was contributed by deeparah on 14 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.