Idli Chili Cheese Toast
by LOPA SHAH
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9464 times
A new and innovative version of toast sandwich using leftover idlis with cheese and chilli.It's tasty and healthy, both your children and elders would like and love to have the same as a snack.
Add your private note
Idli Chili Cheese Toast recipe - How to make Idli Chili Cheese Toast
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Slice each idli horizontally into two parts.
- Grease a baking tray with oil.
- Brush the idlies on both sides with oil.
- Place them on the tray, cut side up.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at (200 C) till the idlis turns brown.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a non stick pan, add garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Add green chilies and fry for few seconds.
- Add flour and fry for 30 seconds.
- Remove from fire, stir in the milk, mix till smooth and cook stirring till the sauce thickens.
- 1Remove from fire, stir in half the cheese.
- Spread the prepared sauce over the idlis. and Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Again bake till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 02 Apr 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.