Idli By Sunilmerchant
This recipe has been viewed 7320 times
Idli is one of the best tasting idli or steamed rice dumpling recipe. A popular south indian food, soft nad spongy idli enjoys appeal among all and is typically eaten with coconut chutney or sambhar.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice and urad dal in enough water for about 2-3 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer till smooth, adding water as required.
- Add the salt, mix well and cover and keep aside to ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
- Pour spoonful of batter in a greased idli moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 15-20 minutes.
- Make more idlis using remaining batter.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sunilmerchant on 14 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.