Idli By Subhasrim
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3783 times
The idlis, a south indian staple are made using rice and urad dal based steamed dumplings. The soft and hot idlis tastes superb when served with coconut chutney and sambhar.
- Soak the urad daal and the idli rawa in enough water separately for about 6-7 hours.
- Drain out all water from the rawa and add salt to it and mix well.
- Blend the the urad dal in a mixer to a smooth paste, adding as much water as needed.
- Add this paste to the rawa and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 8 hours.
- Mix well and pour spoonful of batter in greased idli moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 20 minutes.
- Use the remaining batter to make more idlis.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by subhasrim on 14 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.