Idli By Rimpy_y2k
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1854 times
The idlis, a south indian staple are basicalled rice and lentil based steamed dumplings. The low cal and healthful breakfast option, idlis can also be made with rawa. The soft and hot idlis taste superb when served with coconut chutney and sambhar.
- Clean, wash and soak urad dal and rice in enough water separately for about 6 hours.
- Drain and blend the urad dal till soft.
- Transfer in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Drain and blend the rice in a mixer till smooth.
- Add to the urad dal paste and mix well.
- Add the salt, mix well and cover and keep aside in a warm place for 8 to 10 hours for fermenting.
- Just before making, add the baking powder and little water and mix gently.
- Pour spoonful of batter in greased idli moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 15 to 20 minutes or till cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
This recipe was contributed by rimpy_y2k on 14 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.