Ice-cream On A Coconut Crust ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16425 times
Savour the scrumptiously contrasting textures of soft ice-cream on a crispy roasted coconut base. The coconut base is so tasty that it can be considered a dessert or a quick snack by itself. You can scoop out any flavour of ice-cream onto the crust, and voila, you have before you ice-cream on a coconut crust.
- Dry roast the coconut in a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame for approx. 8 to 10 minutes or till the coconut turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the butter and sugar and mix well.
- Spread the coconut mixture evenly into a 175 mm. (7") loose-bottomed cake tin and press gently.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes and keep aside.
- Just before serving, demould the coconut crust and cut into 4 equal wedges.
- Place the wedges in a serving plate, top each wedge with a scoop of strawberry ice-cream.
- Serve immediately garnished with strawberry halves.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.