Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6312 times
Hyderabadi Toast is a chatpata chaat like open toast. Deep fried bread is layered with cooked and spiced potatoes, chutneys and sev. It's crunchy and delicious.
Hyderabadi Toast makes a nice party snack , as well as an exciting evening tea snack .
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a broad non-stick pan,add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and turmeric powder.
- Add this tempering to the mashed potatoes. Add salt, lemon juice and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the bread slices till golden brown in colour.
- Divide the potato mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Place one deep-fried bread on a clean dry surface. Apply a portion the potato mixture evenly over it.
- Top with green chutney, garlic chutney and sweet chutney. Sprinkle some chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Cut the bread into two halves and garnish it with sev and coriander.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more toast.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by gayatribellare on 15 Jan 2017
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.