Hyderabadi Green Chilli Curry
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20777 times
A traditional hyderabadi cuisine side dish, the hyderabadi green chilli curry goes well with rice and roasted papadums. The fried green chillies are added to a gravy, made tangy with tamarind pulp and spicy by addition of onion, spice powders and curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the chillies and salt and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the red chillies, frnugreek seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add all the spices along with curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and saute for 7 minutes.
- Add the tamarind pulp, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by nisar on 14 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.