Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4621 times
Hurry matar imparts a lovely and healthy variation to the typical fried chaat recipe. The boiled green peas are tossed with chutneys and served with beaten curd and coriander leaves a stopping. A healthy, tangy and quick snack item, hari matar is sure to please all.
- Place the green peas in a deep pan, add enough water and salt and cook till the peas become tender.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies, red chilli powder and peas along with salt ,sugar add lemon juice and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and transfer in a serving bowl.
- Pour the curds, cumin seeds powder and coriander and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by mushu on 14 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.