Hummus and Veggie Wrap
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7661 times
This recipe is packed with all nutrition. the chickpeas are good source of protein, tortillas are full of carbohydrates, cheese has good amount of fat, plus heart healthy olive oil and garlic, and all your veggies, that are good source of vitamin c and iron.
- In a food processor or blender combine olive oil, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and spices and salt. purée it.
- Add water to achieve desired consistency. do not make it too thin or you won''''t be able to spread it on tortilla.
- Spread each tortilla evenly with hummus, and top with cheese, carrot, cucumber, and spinach leaves.
- Roll up tortillas tightly, leaving ends open. halve diagonally with a serrated knife and serve just like that or with chilli-garlic sauce or ketchup.
- Makes 12 tortillas.
- 1 teacup wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 2 teacups plain flour (maida)
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the flours, oil and salt and make a dough by adding enough warm water.
- Knead the dough well and keep for 1/2 hour. knead again.
- Depending on the diameter you require for the dish, roll out the dough into 6" (150 mm.) or 9" (225 mm.) diameter thin rounds with the help of a little flour.
- Cook lightly on a tava (griddle) and keep aside.
This recipe was contributed by rdp2 on 08 Oct 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.