Huanciana Broccoli and Baby Corn ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15748 times
Here is an interesting and low cal way to truly enjoy and relish your favourite baked dish without compromising on health! I have given this dish a healthy turn by making it with a low cal sauce and low fat paneer… however, ensure you use absolutely fresh paneer to get the desired smooth and creamy texture.
You can use any vegetables of your choice; however, I chose broccoli as it is rich in vitamin C, A and other plant chemicals, which fight the free radicals that can cause damage to body cells. Both broccoli and baby corn are crunchy and blend well with the creamy sauce.
- Combine together the paneer, milk and 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the green chillies and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the broccoli and baby corn and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and refresh using cold water. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the broccoli, baby corn, salt and pepper, mix well and sauté over a medium flame, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- In a glass baking tray, spread the broccoli and baby corn evenly at the bottom, pour the sauce over it and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts and turn light brown in colour.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe has been developed only to satisfy the occasionally craving of a diabetic for exotic dishes as it contains certain ingredients which need to be used restrictively. Hence this does not qualify as a regular everyday meal.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.