How To Make Paneer Using Cow’s Milk
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1840 times
Paneer or cottage cheese is a type of fresh cheese that’s believed to have originated in the Indian sub-continent.
It is used widely in Indian, oriental, continental and other cuisines because of its irresistibly soft mouth-feel, comforting flavour and versatility.
This yummy cheese is also gifted with a great nutritional profile. Notably, it is rich in protein and calcium !
Paneer can be made easily at home, and this homemade paneer not only tastes much better but is also more economical than store-bought ones.
When making paneer at home try to use cow’s milk because paneer made from cow’s milk is lower in fat compared to that made of buffalo milk.
You can use this homemade paneer in various forms like cubed, crumbled or grated, to make subzis , Parathas , mithai , and more!
- Put the milk to boil in a large pan, while stirring occasionally.
- When it starts boiling, add the lemon juice gradually, while stirring gently to curdle the milk.
- Once the milk has curdled, switch off the flame and wait for 2 minutes.
- Strain it using a muslin cloth. Discard or store the whey.
- Place the muslin cloth with the chenna in a bowl of fresh water and wash it 2 to 3 times.
- If you want solid paneer, place the paneer into the muslin cloth in a 125 mm. (5”) paneer mould or any mould. Press it with a lid and put a water filled jar or bowl on it to get the pressure.
- Remove the paneer from the muslin cloth and after 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut into even sized cubes gently using a sharp knife use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cups paneer cube
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.