Hot and Tangy Dip.
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2078 times
This Tangy Dip can be stored in frigerator for 15 days and can be used as spread for a jatpat sandwich stuffing.
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces and deseed them.
- Heat oil in deep bottom wok and add mustard seeds to crackle.
- Add in the pepper corns,cumin seeds,coriander seeds,crushed garlic and grated ginger and fry for a sec.
- Add in the coarse chilli paste and chopped tomatoes and salt and stir fry for a minute.
- Now cook on medium flame till tomatoes are very soft and dissolved.
- Add in the sugar,vinegar,fenugreek powder,asafoetida and continue to cook on low flame till thick consistency is obtained and oil floats on top.(will take 20 minutes.)
- Switch of the flame and cool.
- Use as dip or spread.
- Store in a clean jar.It will stay in refrigerator for 15 days.
This recipe was contributed by MOONBEAMS on 17 Apr 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.