Hot and Sour Soup, Chinese Veg Hot and Sour Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 852 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 103357 times
The Hot and Sour soup is claimed by both the Mandarin as well as the Sichuan cuisines as their own! This spicy and sour soup allows you to experiment with many ingredients such as bamboo shoot, tofu slices, lily buds, button mushrooms and other fresh vegetables that are available in season.
In this recipe we’ve used vegetables that you can find easily in the market, though you can experiment with the veggies you want to add.
This soup is usually thick because of the cornstarch added into it. A great soup that is known to be good for colds and perk you up instantly, just slice in some extra ginger if you have a nasty cold and enjoy its heady flavors.
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté on a high flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, vinegar, soya sauce, chilli sauce, pepper and salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot with chillies in vinegar, soya sauce and chilli sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.