Hot Valentine Halwa
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3255 times
Note maida and sugar should be in equal quantity.
Always do not heat ghee till it smokes/in high flame, just melting is enough.
Always have an eye on the sugar syrup- keep stirring.
- 1.take a heavy bottomed vessel preferably kadai, put sugar and pour water to make sugar syrup (one string consistency) (in simmering flame- keep stirring in between).
- 2. meanwhile, mix maida in water without any lumps.
- 3.grind cashew coaresly (not too fine).
- 4.take a saucepan put ghee, heat(should not smoke) add cashew,n elaichi powder fry untill brown.
- 5.once the sugar syrup reaches the required consistency, add maida n disolved kesar.keep stirring, till maida is cooked, when it starts to stick add the cashew and the ghee.
- 6.keep stirring in a low flame till the ghee separates.
- 7.hot valentine halwa is ready..
This recipe was contributed by bhavanis on 28 Jan 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.