Hot Dog Roll, Homemade Hot Dog Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23653 times
The Hot Dog Roll is a handy bread to have at home, because it lends itself to the preparation of mouth-watering recipes.
As good as store-bought ones, these homemade Hot Dog Rolls have a nice texture and authentic taste. They will stay fresh for two days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
You can use Hot Dog Rolls to make yummy Stuffed Hot Dog Rolls or Schezuan Fries Hot Dog Sandwich . You can also use it instead of exotic breads to make the popular Italian snack Panini.
- Combine the warm milk, 2 tbsp warm water, sugar and yeast in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the oil and the butter in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder, yeast-milk mixture and salt, mix well and knead into a soft dough using approx. 1 cup of warm water.
- Add the oil-butter mixture, knead again for 5 to 8 minutes by stretching the dough and folding it back till it is smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Transfer the dough to a floured board and knead again for 5 minutes by using a little plain flour by stretching it and folding it back till smooth.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll it into an oval of 212. 5 mm (8 ½) size by using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Roll from one end to another end and tuck both the openings inwards and seal it.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 to shape 7 more bread rolls.
- Place all the bread rolls on a greased baking tray at regular intervals and cover it again with a damp muslin cloth and keep them aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Remove the muslin cloth and brush it with milk evenly all over them and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, brush all the hot dog rolls with butter.
- Cool completely and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per hot dog roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.